- Student Employment Home
- Admissions (2)
- Alumni Relations (1)
- Annual Fund Office (4)
- Applied Mathematics (3)
- Architecture (5)
- Athletics (7)
- Beatty Fitness Center (1)
- Biomedical Engineering (1)
- Campus Life (2)
- Civil Engineering and Technology (1)
- Community & Learning Partnerships (3)
- Commuter Student Programs (1)
- Computer Science (1)
- Counseling and Disability Services (3)
- Dining Services (4)
- Electrical Engineering & Technology (4)
- Humanities and Social Sciences (2)
- Industrial Design (4)
- Institutional Research (1)
- Institutional Advancement (1)
- Interior Design (4)
- Mechanical Engineering and Technology (5)
- New Student Programs (1)
- Physical Plant (3)
- Provost's Office (2)
- Public Safety (2)
- Residential Life (5)
- Sciences Department (4)
- Student Affairs (2)
- Student Service Center (1)
Junior Student Technical Support Specialist
This position is currently filled.
EmployerDivision of Technology Services
AddressBeatty 3rd Floor
Purpose of Jobs, Duties, and Responsibilities
The Junior Technical Support Specialist will assist the assist staff at the front counter in providing quality customer service under direct supervision of the Manager of User Services in various assignments related to the function of the Help Desk and will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provide friendly and helpful customer service as first point of contact.
- Assist Help Desk customers with troubleshooting of computer related issues such as virus removal/password resets/email setup/software installs.
- Maintain accurate records of completed and pending jobs using the DTS ticketing system.
- Follow DTS policies and procedures to include incident/problem escalation.
- Provide superior customer service to all Help desk patrons, support personnel, and fellow employees.
- Demonstrate good social skills in a professional environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The Junior Technical Support Specialist candidate must be a skilled communicator with excellent customer service skills. Exceptional writing and reading skills are required to provide appropriate customer support. The candidate will be required to follow department policies and procedures in supporting the Help desk walk-in and call-in traffic.
- Must be a Wentworth student currently eligible for employment
- Must have a desire to develop interpersonal and technical skills
- Must be able to follow verbal and written directions
- Must be able to follow directions and work within a team environment
- Should possess some basic knowledge of computer/printer anatomy and operations
Positions start at $8.00/hr
Supervisor and Contact Information
Tristan Cary, Beatty 320
Federal Work-Study, Leopard Work Program, or both