Jobs by Department
- Student Employment Home
- Accelerate (12)
- Admissions (3)
- Alumni Library (1)
- Annual Fund Office (1)
- Applied Mathematics (1)
- Architecture (6)
- Athletics (8)
- Biomedical Engineering (1)
- Bookstore (1)
- Campus Life (2)
- Career Center (1)
- Community & Learning Partnerships (1)
- Computer Science (1)
- Construction Management (2)
- College of Professional and Continuing Education (1)
- Diversity Programs (1)
- Division of Technology Services (4)
- Electrical Engineering & Technology (4)
- Industrial Design (2)
- New Student Programs (1)
- Physical Plant (1)
- Residential Life (1)
- Student Service Center (1)
Biomedical Engineering Technical Assistant
This position is currently filled.
AddressRubenstein 202 A
Purpose of Jobs, Duties, and Responsibilities
The BETA position is an interesting job for those students who wish to apply engineering to the biomedical field and who want to get involved in the development of a new Biomedical Engineering program, especially developing and equipping various laboratories in the Department of Biomedical Engineering located in the new IRA Allen Center for Biomedical Engineering. This is a job with great potentials of learning while having support responsibilities in a wide range of tasks. It is expected that the students working as Biomedical Engineering lab technical assistants will execute the tasks assigned to them professionally, and will ensure that their academic requirements are fully met and good performance in the academic courses is demonstrated.
Provide assistance to the Chair of the Department of Biomedical Engineering in the overall development of the new Biomedical Engineering program, especially in the preparation, equipment installation, testing in the departmental labs located at the Center of Biomedical Engineering in the IRA Allen Building on WIT campus. The students selected to work in the student employment program must carry out the following tasks.
- 1. Provide assistance to evaluate and test new biomedical instruments, devices and systems for the instructional courses in the BME program.
- 2. Adjust, test, repair and keep the equipment ready for the users including the students in the Biomedical Engineering program and faculty.
- 3. Support the documentation preparation for test results, reports, technical papers to be published in relevant journals and magazines.
- 4. Assist in extracting required information for the student catalogs, laboratory exercises, and trial experiments.
- 5. Provide assistance in preparing the database of equipment, inventory check and searching for special parts from equipment operating and service manuals.
- 6. Provide assistance to support the web sections pertaining to the Biomedical Engineering Department.
- 7. Perform support functions on tasks as needed.
Candidates seeking student employment must have a minimum of sophomore standing. Efficiency in MS office with word, power point, excel is required. Ability to work with MATLAB, LABVIEW and C++ programming will be preferable. Good technical writing skills and excellent documentation skills are essential. Students with prior work experience on campus must provide suitable references. The work load may vary. Students are generally expected to work 10-12 hours per week for each semester. Additional hours may be needed if there are special events on campus.
Supervisor and Contact Information
Federal Work-Study, Leopard Work Program, or both