Welcome International Students!
As a part of the Wentworth Student Service Center (SSC), International Student Services (ISS) is responsible for assisting the over 200 non-immigrant students at Wentworth Institute of Technology who have joined our community from over 50 countries around the world. Services offered by ISS include orientation for new students, up-to date information on and assistance with U.S. government regulations, and advising on a host of personal, career and immigration issues affecting international students.
All international students who are new to Wentworth should contact ISS upon arrival on campus.
The mission of International Student Services is to:
1) provide services that support the successful educational experiences of Wentworth international students. This includes providing information to students regarding maintenance of legal status in the U.S., work authorizations, travel to the U.S., etc. It also includes providing programming relevant to the international student experience and acting as a resource and liaison for international students adjusting to a new culture and academic system.
2) provide programs such as International Student Orientation, International Student Career Workshop and Around the World Intercultural Celebration for Wentworth international students and the WIT community and also collaborates with members of the Colleges of the Fenway consortium to provide services and programs such as an International Student Thanksgiving Dinner and a Boston Harbor Islands tour.
3) serve as a resource for Wentworth faculty and staff seeking to establish programs for internationals in the U.S., seeking to establish exchanges with partners abroad or seeking to provide support for Wentworth international or study abroad students.
ISS collaborates with the Admissions Office, Student Affairs offices, academic departments and the Colleges of the Fenway to increase awareness of the value to our student population and the entire Wentworth community of international education on our campus.
Advising Walk-In Hours: Monday 2:00pm to 3:00pm Wednesday 1:30pm to 3:00pm Friday 10:30am - 12 pm
Traveling During the School Break?
If you are an F-1 international student traveling outside of the U.S. during the school vacation, be sure to carry the following documents when returning to the U.S.:
- Passport valid for at least 6 months
- Valid F-1 visa
- Wentworth Form I-20 signed within 6 months/one semester
- Financial documentation
If you need a new travel signature on your I-20, please submit to the Student Service Center:
- I-20 travel signature request form completed in full
- The original of your most recent I-20 form
- A photocopy of your I-94 record. (www.cbp.gov)
- Copy of your passport
- Copy of your F-1 Visa
If registration for the next semester has begun you must be registered. Please allow 2 business days for our office to process your travel signature request. If you have any questions or will be traveling in less than two days, contact us at iss[at]wit.edu.
2016 Around the World at Wentworth Institute of Technology
Save the Date! Around the World is coming to Wentworth Institute of Technology on March 29, 2016. There will be raffle prizes, new foods, fun cultural activities and you will be sure to learn interesting details about the countries that some of our WIT students are from or have visited.
For more information, please contact the International Student Services Office at email@example.com.